Emotional Intelligence: Expanding Your Emotional Quotient (EQ)
One of the most vital assets a person can have is a high level of emotional intelligence. What exactly is it? It is being intelligent about emotions and having the ability to sense, understand and apply the power of emotions as a source of energy, information and influence. Fortunately, emotional intelligence can be increased, but first one must know his or her own emotional quotient (EQ), how it affects how one deals with other people, how it plays into our decision making processes, and what one can do with improved emotional intelligence to make the workplace more productive and enjoyable.
In this one or two day program, participants will become aware of their emotional quotient and discover how to use it for their personal and organizational benefit. The training is based on the work of Daniel Goleman, and it focuses on the skills of listening, self-awareness, understanding, decision making, and leadership.
What You Will Learn:
Emotional intelligence’s importance to personal and professional success
- The four domains of emotional intelligence
- How to listen more effectively
- How to employ emotions for better decision-making
- How to use your EQ to create a conducive work climate for high productivity
- Motivation techniques using emotional intelligence
- How to plan for continual learning and intentional use of EQ in daily actions
How You Will Benefit:
- By understanding emotional intelligence and its impact on your success in relating to others
- By recognizing what blocks your emotional intelligence
- By practicing core EI leadership skills
- By being better equipped to manage your emotions in all situations
- By learning new techniques for self-motivation
- By improving your relationships at work and at home
- By becoming a more empathic listener
- By increasing your self-esteem and optimism
Who Should Attend: Anyone who wishes to relate better to others, become a better listener and leader and increase confidence and self-esteem should consider this program. If you are in a team environment that requires working well with others, this is the course for you.
Competencies Addressed: External Awareness, Interpersonal Skills, Decisiveness, Continual Learning
Program Length: One or Two Days